Precise geometry for accurate dosing
Are we splitting hair – or do we even go finer? To achieve the smallest unit on our rule, the mm, you would have to pile 10 to 20 hairs on top of each other. But although a hair is fine, for us it is far too thick. What we are interested in is the micron (micrometre). 50 to 100 micrometres is the diameter of a hair. So, we are looking to achieve an accuracy of one hundredth of a hair.
Easy to say, but complex to machine
How do you machine to the tolerance of a single micron? How do you achieve such precision?
These are the ingredients for our technological success:
- Skilled and qualified employees
- A lot of experience
- Know-how acquired and perfected over many years
- Perfect knowledge of the materials processed and their behaviour
- Continuous improvement of procedures and processes
- State-of-the-art machinery
- Highly accurate measuring instruments
- Uncompromising dedication to quality
Even with all these ingredients, machining remains a major challenge. An example:
- The ambient temperature affects the expansion of the workpieces and therefore their exact dimensions. All production and metrology must be carried out at the same temperature day after day, summer and winter.
This is complex and requires a lot of resources. But we like to take on these challenges.
The combination of all these factors allows us to machine with the utmost precision.
What is the purpose of such high precision machining?
Machining within the tolerance of a micron is of vital importance to the performance of our pumps.
- Our ceramic dosing pumps are extremely accurate, and to ensure a precise dose, the pump geometry must be excellent.
-> The beneficiaries of all this precision are our customers who fill sometimes very expensive products. With accurate dosing, they can reduce waste and make significant cost savings.
- Our pumps do not need seals. They are leak-proof thanks to the micrometric clearance between the piston and the cylinder. A very thin film of product develops between the piston and the cylinder and serves as a lubricant as well as a sealing film.Our customers benefit from a double advantage:
-> Maintenance and associated costs are reduced to a minimum
-> They avoid possible contamination of the dosed product from seals
In addition, we offer an extra service: at Neoceram, we can test your product and find THE pump best suited to your dosing.
Exact machining: to match your needs as closely as possible
In order to offer our customers solutions that are always better adapted to their needs, we don’t just split hairs, but rather cut them into 100.